There are many different types of discount and set tickets which you can choose from when visiting Kamakura / Enoshima area.
You can match your itinerary of the day to decide which ticket fits you the best, the tickets include different attractions and train tickets / bus tickets for you to choose from. 👍🏻
On that day of the illumination, we only went for the Enoshima area, so we visited in the afternoon, and the perfect discount ticket for us was the Kamakura & Enoshima afternoon pass.
This ticket includes unlimited ride for Enoshima Electric Railway, Fee for Enoshima Escar, Samuel Cocking Garden and the Sea Candle.
Taking the Enoshima electric railway from Kamakura station to Enoshima station, you will see illuminations at the station already!✨
Heading toward the island, to the main area of the illumination decorations.
- Strolling down the streets of the offshore island of Kanagawa ~Enoshima~ Part 1
- Strolling down the streets of the offshore island of Kanagawa ~Enoshima~ Part 2
- Strolling down the streets of the offshore island of Kanagawa ~Enoshima~ Part 3
The illumination decorations starts from the beginning of the main street, Nakamise Street, at Enoshima, up to 1 km long!😲
- The main street, Nakamise street (仲見世通り)
- Enoshima jinjya Nakatsumiyauchi (江島神社中津宮内, Enoshima Shrine Nakatsumiyauchi) + the Night view seen from the plaza of the shrine
- Kamegaoka Hiroba (亀ヶ岡広場, Kamegaoka Plaza)
- Samuel Cocking Garden (江の島サムエル・コッキング苑)
- Night view from the Enoshima Sea Candle
- Oiwaya-michi dori (御岩屋道通り)
- Koibito no Oka ~ Ryuren no Kane~ (恋人の丘～龍恋の鐘～, The Hill of Lovers)
Since the illuminations are decorated at many places of Enoshima, you can enjoy them through out your walk toward the top of the island.
Samuel Cocking Garden ✨
You will find many beautiful illuminations all over the island, but the ones at the Samuel Cocking Garden is especially amazing!!😊
The famous illumination of the Enoshima Sea Candle
And this is the night view from the top of Sea Candle!!
There are more hidden locations for enjoying beautiful illuminations, do look for the maps and information and search for your own secret spot 😉
Information (Address and Access are for Enoshima Sea Candle)
- 2 Chome-3-3-28 Enoshima, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa-ken 251-0036
- Katase-Enoshima station (片瀬江ノ島駅), 20 minutes on foot
- Enoshima station (江ノ島駅), 25 minutes on foot
- Shōnan-Enoshima Station (湘南江の島駅), 27 minutes on foot
- Dates for Enoshima illumination
- 2017/11/25 (Sat) – 2018/02/18 (Sun); Open every day during the illumination decorations.
- Opening hours
- 2017/11/25 (Sat) – 2018/01/19 (Fri): Lights turn on from 17:00
- 2018/01/20 (Sat) – 2018/02/18 (Sun): Lights turn on from 17:30
- Entry time during weekdays 17:00 – 20:00 (Last entry at 19:30)
- Entry time during weekends and national holidays: 17:00 – 21:00 (Last entry at 20:30)
- Depending on which ticket you choose to buy, the price would be different. Entry to Samuel Cocking Garden is Adult: 200 JPY
- Children under 12 years old: 100 JPY
- Time needed
- At least 2 hours (Including waiting and time for taking pictures)
Enoshima Illumination ~ The Jewel of Shonan (Only Japanese version available)
- All Images: TabiScarp